Friday, January 13, 2012

Roast Lamb with Sumac and Garlic

Happy Friday everyone! First week back at work and dear God it was terribly painful and slow. But thankfully I have gotten through it. 

Given I haven't been cooking for very long, the idea of cooking roast lamb, chicken, pork, or any roast for that matter can be quite daunting. I am proud to say I have gotten through them all in 2011. I have cooked all of the above with success. However, I've yet to conquer roast duck or beef. I will be sure to do it in 2012. 

This dish includes two of my favourite ingredients namely, sumac and garlic. They are a match made in heaven. Oh and ofcourse everything tends to taste better roasted. It's just so comforting.  I served the lamb with carrots with zaatar. Will post that recipe soon.  

..
Dressed and Eaten Recipe
..
Ingredients
800g roast lamb leg
2 teaspoons sumac
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt
Cracked pepper
..


Method
..
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
..
2. Brush the lamb with the olive oil and rub with sumac and garlic. Season with cracked pepper and sea salt. 
..
3. Roast the lamb in a baking dish for about 40 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove the lamb and let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing into it. 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm I love sumac but never cooked with it before, is that weird?? This looks very easy! I'm not good at cooking with red meat :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...